g-wrap (was Re: QOF won't link)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 18 10:48:29 EDT 2004

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 10:26:20AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
>> How, you might ask?  g-wrap!  It's
>> glib bindings are compiled against glib-1.2.
>
> We gotta do something to fix g-wrap. Its been the source of pain
> for a long while; I keep hoping things will get better but they
> don't.  Should we start by moving g-wrap to the lib directory?

Well, I've been told in private email (if not on the list) that there
were some people who were going to work on g-wrap..  But if that
doesn't happen before g2 is ready to merge back into HEAD then I
agree, yes, we should move g-wrap into lib and just subsume it.

OTOH I'd also like to un-modularize much of gnucash.  The current
archicture and half-completed implementation causes more problems than
it solves.  Unfortunately I suspect it'll be a LOT of work to fix, and
I just don't have that amount of time at the moment.

We should all ponder this issue for a while and plan to discuss it
in a month or two.