Search [was Re: donating]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 24 11:46:43 EDT 2004

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:21:03AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
>>
>>   https://lists.gnucash.org/search/
>
> Oh. Well. I didn't know that.  Its not linked in anywhere.

I'm not sure why -- I've sent out the url a number of times
already (at least once previous to you specifically).  As
for not being linked in anywhere, it's linked in from the
email list info page and archive page.

I try not to modify the main website at all.  Perhaps we should move
the main website to being in CVS and then pull the website docs out of
CVS?  That would make it easier for people to update the site?  Just a
suggestion....

> Hmm.  I thought you were rsyncing the web site?  The menus
> didn't update since last night.

No, I'm not rsyncing the website, and the menu's aren't pulled in by
SSI.  So changes to the menus need to be manually moved over to the
search engine.  See the mail-search module in CVS.  Updates there are
automatically pulled into the web site hourly.