Search [was Re: donating]

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Fri Jun 25 00:57:47 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:46:43AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:21:03AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> >>
> >>   https://lists.gnucash.org/search/
> >
> > Oh. Well. I didn't know that.  Its not linked in anywhere.
>
> I'm not sure why -- I've sent out the url a number of times
> already (at least once previous to you specifically).  As
> for not being linked in anywhere, it's linked in from the
> email list info page and archive page.

Sorry.  Now that I have spam under control ... I'm reading more mail.

> I try not to modify the main website at all.  Perhaps we should move
> the main website to being in CVS and then pull the website docs out of
> CVS?  That would make it easier for people to update the site?  Just a
> suggestion....

web site is in cvs already, just not on a pserver. There's maybe a dozen
people who have write access to the website.   Ssh login's work better,
at least for managing news items because the odd way news works, but I
have low incentive, got all those other things to fix ... of course
almost no one ever logs in ...

> No, I'm not rsyncing the website, and the menu's aren't pulled in by
> SSI.

What's SSI?

--linas