Report Writing Tips

Peter Long gnucash at petelong.com
Sun Jun 27 18:57:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have been using GnuCash for almost a year now. I would like to make a few
small changes to some of the reports and possibly add a report or two. For
example I would like a report the shows how the Unrealised Gains/Losses item
are calculated.

So I was hoping for a few pointers. I have already made a copy of the
advanced- portfolio.scm and I have it appearing off the Report menu in
GnuCash. I am in the process of trying to figure out what it does. There is a
lot to learn. I was wondering if there exists any documentation of all the
gnc:* procedures that seem to be used. Or will I need to dig through the code
to figure out what is available?

Also is there any kind of development environment that I could use to debug
the reports I write?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Peter Long