Notify about using the e-mail account.

Don Bowman don.bowman at zoom.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 05:19:24 CST 2004

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:53:53 -0500, Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>
wrote:

> And if you're able to run the attached .exe file, what are you doing on
> the gnucash-devel mailing list? ;)

I can give you an answer to that one.

I have been using both Quicken and QuickBooks for some time.  At first I
was impressed with them both.  Quicken I still find quite reasonable.
QuickBooks, on the other hand, has just become bloatware.

QB 2002 had a fundamental problem calculating account balances after
entering a transaction.  On enquiry, the answer I got from Intuit was that
they had much more important fixes to make and that if you came out of the
account and then went in again the balance was correct.

It seems that the more important stuff was QB 2003.

Despite downloading upgrades from Intuit, my version of 2002 still has
that problem.  So much for customer service!

I signed up to gnucash.devel to see if there was ever any chance of a port
to Windows, either directly or via Cygwin.  I keep promising to try it
myself, but other things get in the way.

--
Don

Never listen to your customers.  They were dumb enough to buy your
product, so they have no credibility.
- Dogbert