libgda vs. gnucash [was Re: GnuCash page on GO site]

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Fri Mar 5 09:35:04 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 09:07 -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 06:58:18PM +0100, Rodrigo Moya was heard to remark:
> > On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 10:26 -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 04:32:39PM +0100, Rodrigo Moya was heard to remark:

> > > I couldn't find the libmergeant documentation.
> > >
> > it's in mergeant/doc
>
> Sorry, where?  All I see is a user's guide, I don't see anything
> about a programming API.  I certainly don't see anything about
> multi-user object cacheing or dataset partitioning or UUID's
> in the mergeant user documentation.

who said libmergeant contained all that? Dude, I think you've got no
intention at all to share any technology with us. I am just trying to
come up with the best way to combine efforts, and all I get from you is
that your software is the best.

> Look, I'm spending a lot of time trying to explain what it is that
> gnucash does with databases and why it does the things that it does,
> only to get a reply to the effect "its in mergeant/doc".

I am losing time trying to ask you very precise questions about what
could be done in order to share technology, and didn't get any answer,
just flames back.

Also, my "it's in mergeant/doc" answer was in asnwer to your question "I
couldn't find the libmergeant documentation".

> At this rate, in five years time, gnucash will *still* not be using
> libgda, and I'll still be here trying to explain to the world why
> us gnucash people aren't using libgda.

great, but please don't count me in for those explanations.

cheers