Wiki

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue May 4 17:05:59 EDT 2004

Actually, I've got experience of setting up and working with Wikis and the
gnucash.org site mentions using a Wiki as a possible development aid.

What's the feeling about me combining the doxygen output and creating the Wiki
- preferably on gnucash.org - I don't mind.

I also write search engines for mailing list archives (just something to while
away the time while gnucash compiles) and I've got a few stock ones that I
can adapt, one in Perl and one in PHP (prefer PHP).

So I could help with:

http://www.gnucash.org/en/state_of_the_gnucash_project.phtml
Make sure the mailing lists are easily searchable
Get more people write access to the website
Quickly implement a Wiki or similar system

I'll be updating the doxygen output anyway, a Wiki doesn't take a lot to set
up, particularly one based in PHP and MySQL, and I can probably sort out a
search engine in PHP or Perl.

The Wiki and the search engine are one-off tasks (with the odd bug-fix from
time to time) and not ongoing development, (because they can be made
time-aware so that new archives are automatically made available to the
search) and doxygen is a required part of the merge facility anyway.

Is that useful?

--

Neil Williams