search engine

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun May 9 12:12:43 EDT 2004

On Sunday 09 May 2004 3:31, Derek Atkins wrote:
>  Cool!
>
> Nice work.

Thanks. I think it's ready now - I can't see much else I need to do with it
except monitor for bugs and keep it in order.

The querystring does become very long in use, but by using defaults, it is
possible to link or bookmark searches.

https://lists.gnucash.org/search/index.php?terms=query+numerical&archive=gnucash-devel
(searching for it's own development!)

Other search tips are on the search-tips page:
https://lists.gnucash.org/search/search-tips.html

Searches in the default list, gnucash-user, require one less parameter again.

I've just got this:
File not found http://lists.gnucash.org/en/gnucash.css: Not Found
from the CSS validator. gnucash.css was in the mail-search import - I can
change the link to the www.gnucash.org copy (make it easier to be in sync) or
if it's somewhere else on lists.gnucash.org or I can remove it completely -
it's only there for compatibility. My own CSS is in search.css which is fine
and the lack of gnucash.css doesn't affect the search pages.

So I suppose the only thing left to do is sort out the coordination of the
sidebar with www.gnucash.org (Linas?) and links to the search script from
lists.gnucash.org and www.gnucash.org.

I'm on holiday for a few weeks from next week and I'll have reduced internet
access. Hopefully I'll have some more on gnc-book-merge when I come back. In
the meantime, I'm looking forward to taking delivery of a new iBook in time
for my hols.

--

Neil Williams