volunteer

James Richardson james at jamesrichardson.org
Fri May 28 16:34:21 EDT 2004

Greetings:

As I have now moved completely away from Quicken to GnuCash, I would
like to help out.

My main interests (at the moment) are adding budgeting (home) and mysql (or
generic sql) backend.

The current version I am using is 1.8.9-1 from Debian/Sarge. I would
like to get in and get started on something, but I don't want to
reduplicate effort. So I guess I need wich project needs the most help
at the moment.

I have experience in C/C++/FORTRAN/perl/ etc. Know some lisp. I have
done Xtoolkit and Motif coding. Currently I am a unix architect/admin
for about every flavor of unix there is (my company has never met an OS
it didn't like). I have also done DBA work and coding against mysql,
informix, sybase, db/2, and ingres. I have also managed some small web
servers and all email for an ISP. I see on the help wanted place on the
gnucash site, webmasters are needed. Perhaps I can help out in that
area.

--
James Richardson
james at jamesrichardson.org