gnucash-18-branch configure.in

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 17:27:55 EST 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 9:27 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:

I've just built 1-8 and your patch is required but it DOES fix the problem.

After patching business-ledger/Makefile.am, a make install wasn't sufficient -
it needed a make clean in business/business-ledger/ and a make install in
src/.

However, once patched, the problem appears completely solved. The totals
appear correctly in the Account balances and in the Customer Report. No
mysterious customers appear and the invoice appears fine.

HEAD is currently broken though.
(Pity, I've been using HEAD to generate sample output and testing.)

> The 1.8 branch target platform is Red Hat 7.3, based specifically
> on autoconf-2.13.  So, I'm unwilling to apply this patch to the 1.8
> branch.
>
> How does it fail on Debian?  Sounds like a debian-specific issue to me.
> It works just fine for me on RH9, FC1, and other relatively modern OSes

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.gnucash.org:/home/cvs/cvsroot checkout -r
gnucash-1-8-branch gnucash

./autogen.sh --disable-ofx --disable-nls --enable-opt-style-install
--prefix=/opt/gnucash/18branch

Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...

*** WARNING ***
*** Ignore any instruction above about running aclocal by hand.
*** I repeat, do not run aclocal by hand.  You have been warned.....

Running intltoolize ...
patching file po/Makefile.in.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 34.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 86.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 171.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file po/Makefile.in.in.rej
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
Running autoheader...
configure.in:69: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling
configure.in:77: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling
configure.in:213: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling
configure.in:232: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling
configure.in:1010: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 243: _snprintf, and to 0 if you dont.: command
not found
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 246:
verbatim=: command not found
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 247: /bin: is a directory
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 251: feof_unlocked, and to 0 if you dont.:
command not found
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 254:
verbatim=: command not found
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 255: /bin: is a directory
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: eval: line 253: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching ``'
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: eval: line 334: syntax error: unexpected end of file
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: Symbol `ptrdiff_t' is not covered
by /usr/share/autoconf2.13/acconfig.h ./acconfig.h
**Error**: autoheader failed.

From the Debian autoconf notes:
The following heuristics are used to choose an Autoconf version:

        * If file `configure.ac' exists, Autoconf 2.50 is used.
          Autoconf 2.13 used the name `configure.in' instead, but
          version 2.50 supports both.

          (Usually autoconf is run without nonoption arguments.  If a
          filename is supplied on the command line, then version 2.50
          is used if the filename ends in `.ac'.)

        * Otherwise, `configure.in' (or the file specified on the
          command line, if any) is read.  It is checked for the
          presence of an AC_PREREQ directive.  If it specifies a
          minimum version higher than 2.13, Autoconf 2.50 is used.
          `aclocal.m4', if present, is also scanned.

        * Otherwise, Autoconf 2.13 is used.

To force Autoconf 2.13 to be used, name the Autoconf input file
`configure.in' and omit the use of AC_PREREQ() or specify a minimum
version of 2.13 or earlier.  To force Autoconf 2.50 to be used, name
the input file `configure.ac' or use AC_PREREQ(2.50).

--

Neil Williams