gnucash-18-branch configure.in

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 10:44:15 EST 2004

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 1:12 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:
> > On Tuesday 02 November 2004 9:27 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> >
> > I've just built 1-8 and your patch is required

i.e. I need to patch to automake2.53
AC_INIT(src/engine/Transaction.h)

AC_PROG_CC
+AC_PREREQ(2.53)

before I can build at all. The build then halts unless I add your patch:
+  ${top_builddir}/src/business/business-utils/libgncmod-business-utils.la \

I can't build under automake2.13 so I can't test whether your Makefile.am
patch is required on it's own.

> > but it DOES fix the
> > problem.
> >
> > After patching business-ledger/Makefile.am, a make install wasn't
> > sufficient - it needed a make clean in business/business-ledger/ and a
> > make install in src/.
> >
> > However, once patched, the problem appears completely solved. The totals
> > appear correctly in the Account balances and in the Customer Report. No
> > mysterious customers appear and the invoice appears fine.
>
> So you needed to apply that Makefile patch to 1.8, too???  How odd!
> Let me guess -- you use reiserfs, don't you?

No, ext2.

Do you want me to try fixing HEAD?

I did try with a build that hasn't been updated since August 04 and I got the
same problem. Looks like it's been there a while and I just haven't been
testing that area. I've concentrated on druid-hierarchy etc., and haven't
needed to create new invoices in HEAD - until now.

--

Neil Williams