gnucash-18-branch configure.in

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 3 18:42:07 EST 2004

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> i.e. I need to patch to automake2.53
> AC_INIT(src/engine/Transaction.h)
>
> AC_PROG_CC
> +AC_PREREQ(2.53)
>
> before I can build at all. The build then halts unless I add your patch:
> +  ${top_builddir}/src/business/business-utils/libgncmod-business-utils.la \
>
> I can't build under automake2.13 so I can't test whether your Makefile.am
> patch is required on it's own.

I can go test it again, but 1.8 has worked fine for me on RH9 without
any kind of change like this.  So I really suspect this is a problem
with Debian's autotools package.  Regardless, this patch is not going
into the 1.8 configure.in because our 1.8 target doesn't support it.

For 1.10/2.0 we've upgraded to 2.5x.

> Do you want me to try fixing HEAD?

yes, please.

> I did try with a build that hasn't been updated since August 04 and I got the
> same problem. Looks like it's been there a while and I just haven't been
> testing that area. I've concentrated on druid-hierarchy etc., and haven't
> needed to create new invoices in HEAD - until now.

Few people use HEAD for much.  I know I dont.