gnucash-18-branch configure.in

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 7 08:42:54 EST 2004

Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:

> Does anyone have any clues as to where I should look for these problems?

I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it.. the 1.8 branch is not long-lived.  Make
your local patch to configure.in and just make sure not to send it upstream
with any other patches you send.  IMHO this is a tangental issue that's not
worth solving at this point; I'd rather time get spent getting the g2 branch
working than trying to fix the 1.8 branch configure input script.

> Google brought up a couple of suggestions about /usr/local/share/aclocal
> (dated 1999) but these have had no effect.
>
> Derek, just to put my mind at rest, do you get these warnings when you build
>
> the 18 branch on RH9 or FC1?
> configure.in:69: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
> cross compiling

Yes.  I get these warnings.

> I'm thinking that these are just that, a warning, not the error that blocks
> the build. If they appear on other distros, then I'll know that the real
> problem lies here:
> /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 246:
> verbatim=: command not found
> /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 247: /bin: is a directory
> /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 251: feof_unlocked, and to 0 if you dont.:
> command not found
> /usr/bin/autoheader2.13: line 254:
> verbatim=: command not found

This is most definitely the error in "autoheader2.13".