Book Merge committed to HEAD

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 16 14:05:15 EDT 2004

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> On Saturday 16 October 2004 4:56 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> 1) you will need to "rm src/engine/.scm-links" in your build tree to
>>    get this to build properly.
>
> Was there a way to avoid this? I did tweak the makefile config to build the ./
> => qof/ symlink with a new build.

The only way would be not to use qof.h.

>> 2) There are still a bunch of bugs in the code.  I started with an
>>    empty data file and ran the File -> Add Hierarchy menu item.
>>    It showed me the "choose a currency" page but the page was empty.
>>    Then when it jumped to the merge druid I got the following error
>>    on my terminal:
>
> Hmm. I've tested with my local code using gnucash --nofile and the File -> Add
> New Hierarchy druid loads as expected: merge druid first, then the hierarchy
> druid, complete with US Dollar selected in currency widget. I always tested
> with an empty file or with small files. With --nofile, it should just be
> merging the new hierarchy into an empty QofBook - it's done that before
> without problems.
> :-(

The druid loads as expected, but on the second page when it's asking
me for the currency -- the page is empty.  No currency dropdown list.
:(

> druid-hierarchy.c / h, druid-merge.c / h merge.glade and qof_book_merge.c /h
> are identical in both my local tree and the latest cvs HEAD tree.
>
> However, CVS HEAD won't build with my libofx setup anymore.
> (last successful build was 4-Oct-04).

Yea, Benoit changed it to require "current libofx".  He made no
official announcement about this change, so if you didn't closely
monitor the commit-log messsage you'd have missed it.  :(

[snip]

Yea, you need libofx-0.9.x or you need to disable ofx support.  Me, I
just disabled ofx for now.

> I've been distracted with other projects recently, have I missed an update to
> OFX - is my Debian version behind the gnucash requirement?

I don't know if the newer ofx is in debian.

> Returning to my code:
> Basically, I've wrapped the merge druid around the new file druid. When New
> File is selected, the hierarchy druid loads on it's own. When New Hierarchy
> is selected, the merge druid starts first to explain what is happening, then
> merge druid is hidden and the hierarchy druid is started and when done, merge
> druid is restored to complete the task.
>
> There are still problems getting the new accounts to show up, related to
> AccountGroup.

I think you may just need to special-case the top-level Accounts that
are not SXes and add them to the root AccountGroup.  At some level an
AccountGroup is like a GncAddress -- one cannot live by itself, it has
to have a parent.

>>    Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1428 (gtk_widget_show):
>> assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed.
>
> I can't reproduce this, but until I get ofx sorted, I can't tell if it's a
> problem in the book merge code or elsewhere. I can't find any differences
> between the files in the book merge patch when comparing HEAD with my local
> copy.

*nods*  I'll try to reproduce it again and try to get a stacktrace
to see where it's failing.

> I don't see how those files could cause the problem.

No, but it could be a bug in the merge druid.