Next stable gnucash, 1.8.10?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 30 18:15:46 EDT 2004

Herbert Thoma <tma at iis.fhg.de> writes:

>> PS: It would also be nice if we could get the code compiling on x86_64
>> before the 1.8.10 release -- anyone with an x86_64 platform running a
>> 64-bit linux willing to help port the code?
>
> I have a Athlon64 with SuSE 9.1 at work. I can try to compile and send
> bug reports next week. I cannot promise to do much porting work myself,
> though.

That's the problem -- we need someone who can feed us patches.  I dont
have time to deal with it myself, but I do have the time (I hope) to
commit patches to CVS.  Right now the problem is that
string_to_gnc_numeric() returns a gchar* but code in
backend/file/(something) is trying to cast that to a gboolean.
Apparantly all the other string_to_FOO() functions return gboolean (or
gnc_numeric is the first one handled in the file).