G2 branch doesn't build

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 04:08:36 EDT 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 12:56 am, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 00:10 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > On Saturday 02 April 2005 11:13 pm, David Hampton wrote:
> > > This is gtk-2.4 code.  ATM, the g2 branch is still supposed to be based
> > > on 2.2.
> >
> > Where is this documented?
>
> I don't know that it ever was.  We talked on IRC about switching to
> gtk-2.4

I'm rarely on IRC - I never particularly liked the medium and there are
timezone issues too. I've been asleep during this whole thread and you are
probably asleep now that I'm replying. You're 5 hours behind GMT, is that
right? 9am here (BST +0100) 3am with you (-0500).

> > I'm actually using libgtk2.0-dev   2.6.2-4  so how do I prevent this
> > happening?
>
> What distro?  (Just curious.  Redhat won't have 2.6 until FC4.)

Debian unstable.

> > Gtk doesn't do that in the 2.0 API.
>
> Its in the gtk API docs at http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/ .
> Anything added in gtk-2.4 or later is documented to when it was added to
> in the API.

OK, I see that now.
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-migrating-GtkFileChooser.html

Thereagain, until now I didn't now that GnuCash wasn't intended to use 2.4!
:-)

> > Apart from src/business/business-gnome which is a repeat of the same
> > code, does the rest of the QSF stuff build?
>
> Builds on my FC3 system, but then that's gtk-2.4 based.  I'll fire up a
> compile on my vmware FC1 system and see how many problems there are.

Thanks for doing that. It's good to know it was only this one choice that
caused a problem.

--

Neil Williams