G2 branch doesn't build

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Apr 3 09:59:21 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 04:08, Neil Williams wrote:

> Thereagain, until now I didn't now that GnuCash wasn't intended to use 2.4!
> :-)

Yeah, the only place this is in the source tree is ./configure.in [[[
    # Look for libgnomeui by pkg-config
    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GNOME, libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.2
			       gtk+-2.0 >= 2.2)
]]].

> > Builds on my FC3 system, but then that's gtk-2.4 based.  I'll fire up a
> > compile on my vmware FC1 system and see how many problems there are.
>
> Thanks for doing that. It's good to know it was only this one choice that
> caused a problem.

This has come up a couple/few times; specifically:

- what distros are we targeting?
- what's then the min(library_version) provided for our deps?

We should probably collect all that info into a file for reference.
Since deps have, and will continue to be (given our desire to lag the
major distros by ~6 months), an important gnucash issue we should
probably have a README.dependencies or something.  The current
dependency list in README is from 2001.

...jsled