Proposal: Merge gnome2-branch into HEAD (was: Add scrollbars to 'lot clist' in Lot viewer)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Apr 30 13:57:17 EDT 2005

Am Samstag, 30. April 2005 16:28 schrieb David Hampton:
> > But since G2 is priority, I think otherwise un-related changes have
> > been going on on the G2 branch, as well.
> >
> > We should probably think about discontinuing the G2 branch at some point
> > soon.  I don't see the benefit, at this point.
>
> Discontinuing is not quite the right word.  That implies abandoning
> those changes.  We should think about collapsing all the changes in the
> g2 branch back into HEAD at some point.

By the way, I'm all up for this merge back into HEAD at any time now.

The reason for the parallel branches was that in case the gnome2 porting fails
or stalls for whatever reason, we should still be able to release a
gtk1-gnucash-1.9. However, during the last months the gnome2 porting efforts
have gotten much more attention and CVS commits than the efforts on the HEAD
branch. This means the TODO list on HEAD has been shrinking much slower than
the TODO list on gnome2, and thus the original reason for separating the
gnome2 branch pretty much has vanished away anyway. Those who actively
develop on gnome2 may decide this for themselves, but I'm totally up for
merging this back onto HEAD at any day now.

Christian

PS: Is it really necessary to require libgnomui-2.8.0? Wouldn't
libgnomeui-2.6.1 already be sufficient? I'm just asking because if yes, then
SuSE 9.2 would be fine for the gnome2 version, but for libgnomeui-2.8 I would
need to go for SuSE 9.3 ... well, I'm just asking. If there is a particular
reason for libgnomeui-2.8.x, then we just go for it. No problem with that.