CLI undo edit?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 8 04:47:10 EDT 2005

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> David Hampton wrote:
> | I can see multiple undo lists within one application working, but it
> | will need to be well documented.
>
> If the undo list is retained within the book and only referenced from
> that book, this would provide sufficient segregation.

I presume by "retained" you mean "in core" and not "in storage"...

IMHO the undo/redo list should be size-bounded, not unlimited.

Also, it should not necessarily depend on the dirty flag.  It should
be independent of the individual dirty flags.  The reason: SQL.  In a
SQL backend the data is necessarily never dirty (because it's saved on
every Commit operation.  e.g. every time you commit a txn your changes
are saved).  BUT if I make changes I might want to back out those
changes..  Hense the "undo".