test routines

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Tue Aug 16 12:21:35 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 09:53 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:
> > iso-4217-currencies.c which CashUtil cannot generate from the scheme.
> >
> > I'll work on gnc-pricedb.c but is there a better way of handling
> > iso-4217-currencies.c?
>
> I don't understand what's wrong with the current iso-4217-currencies.c
> generator.  It's a self-contained guile script.  Think of it in the
> same way as
> a self-contained perl script.  Would you object to a perl script to generate
> the currencies code?  If not, then why object to a guile script?

I'd prefer that the the iso-4217-currencies.scm file be converted to
XML.  A common issue I see on the mailing lists is that some country or
other has changed their currency and there's no way for users in that
country to enter the new currency into gnucash and they have to wait for
a new release.  It the currencies file was on disk in a user editable
form, instead of compiled into the binary, it would solve that problem.

David