[Gnucash-changes] QOF/CashUtil Sync: Engine

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 08:59:26 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 12:57 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> First, QofBackend *was* originally designed to be part of the
> semi-public API -- so you could have a third-party Backend
> implementation.

The perils of committing code that is the beginning of the idea.
:-(

Yes, I realise that QofBackend will be used third-party and that's exactly how
I will do it with CashUtil.

I fully understand your comments on it being a public API and needing more
checks. I'll sort that out imminently.

During preparation of this change, though, it became increasingly complex to
deal with the various ways that the backend is used by some objects, notably
Transaction.

There's a lot more to do here.

> This function should check that be != NULL AND be->begin != NULL...

Agreed. I'll fix that.

--

Neil Williams