problem with add new translation

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Aug 28 05:18:52 EDT 2005

Hi Szczur,

did I get this right: You try to add new translations of the *account
templates*, not of the program itself? Okay, for new account templates,
basically everything you described is correct -- add Makefile.am in
accounts/pl_PL, add that to SUBDIRS in accounts/Makefile.am, modify
configure.in.

You would need to check now whether your newly created file
accounts/pl_PL/Makefile.am was actually processed by automake/configure.
After running ./autogen.sh and "make", do you have a file
accounts/pl_PL/Makefile (in addition to .am and .in)? If not, then the build
system didn't pick these up correctly and there was an error message during
build. In that case you need to send that error message here and we can tell
you how to fix it.

If the file accounts/pl_PL/Makefile exists, then in fact after running "make
install" the new account templates should be available in the program space.
Did you change the variable "accountdir" in your Makefile.am file to the
pl_PL subdirectory?

In any case, I would happily accept your newly translated account templates
and add them to CVS, so that they appear in the next release. Simply send
them as tarball to me privately.

Best regards,

Christian