Compilation problem with trunk

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 8 12:54:21 EST 2005

Please be sure to cc gnucash-devel on ALL replies...

Quoting David Moore <davidm at sjsoft.com>:

>> Can you run a "make distclean", the autogen, configure, make, make install
>> and see if that fixes it?
>>
> I ran autogen.sh in my main directory, but for the actual make, I've
> been copying the source tree, running make and deleting the source
> tree.  Running make distclean and then trying again has not helped.
> I've moved running autogen.sh into the copy as well, in case that was
> making a difference.

I have no idea if that would make a difference, honestly.  It should
work either way.

>> What platform are you building?
>>
> I'm trying to make an svn package for Arch Linux
> (http://www.archlinux.org), so Linux, kernel 2.6, i686-optimized.
> All packages they're missing I've made packages for (g-wrap,
> aqbanking).  Do you need to know anything else about the platform?

Nope, that should be sufficient.

>> Do you have multiple versions of gnucash libraries sitting around
>> your system?
>
> Yes, I have Gnucash 1.8.11 packaged and installed at the moment.  I
> don't see how it could mess with the build, but I'll remove the old
> Gnucash and rebuild later to see if that makes a difference.

I suspect this is part of the issue, if it's finding the wrong version
of a library.  All I can say is that I cannot reproduce this problem
here, so it's clearly something in your environment.  I don't know if
it's something we can "fix" in gnucash or not.