Compilation problem with trunk

David Moore davidm at sjsoft.com
Thu Dec 8 15:58:44 EST 2005

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Please be sure to cc gnucash-devel on ALL replies...

Sorry about that - I'm used to mailing lists which set Reply to the
mailing list address.

> [snip]
>
>>> Do you have multiple versions of gnucash libraries sitting around
>>> your system?
>>

>> Yes, I have Gnucash 1.8.11 packaged and installed at the moment.  I
>> don't see how it could mess with the build, but I'll remove the old
>> Gnucash and rebuild later to see if that makes a difference.
>

> I suspect this is part of the issue, if it's finding the wrong version
> of a library.  All I can say is that I cannot reproduce this problem
> here, so it's clearly something in your environment.  I don't know if
> it's something we can "fix" in gnucash or not.

I removed Gnucash 1.8.11, and it made no difference.  Did you say
gnc_date_activates_default should be part of gnome-utils?  The following
is an excerpt from a terminal:

[davidm at dave42 .libs]$ pwd
/var/abs/local/gnucash2_packages/gnucash2-svn/src/gnucash-build/src/gnome-utils/.libs
[davidm at dave42 .libs]$ objdump -x libgncmod-gnome-utils.so | grep
gnc_date_activates_default
[davidm at dave42 .libs]$ objdump -x libgw-gnome-utils.so | grep
gnc_date_activates_default
[davidm at dave42 .libs]$

As you can see, the gnome-utils built from svn trunk doesn't have this
symbol.  It has a bunch of gnc_date symbols, so I assume I'm looking in
the right place.  I will dig further.

> -derek

thanks,
David Moore