Compilation problem with trunk

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 8 16:09:58 EST 2005

Quoting David Moore <davidm at sjsoft.com>:

> I removed Gnucash 1.8.11, and it made no difference.  Did you say
> gnc_date_activates_default should be part of gnome-utils?

Yes, I did.  And yes, it is.  See the bottom of the source file:

http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/file/gnucash/trunk/src/gnome-utils/gnc-date-edit.c

> The following is an excerpt from a terminal:
>
> [davidm at dave42 .libs]$ pwd
> /var/abs/local/gnucash2_packages/gnucash2-svn/src/gnucash-build/src/gnome-utils/.libs
> [davidm at dave42 .libs]$ objdump -x libgncmod-gnome-utils.so | grep
> gnc_date_activates_default
> [davidm at dave42 .libs]$ objdump -x libgw-gnome-utils.so | grep
> gnc_date_activates_default
> [davidm at dave42 .libs]$

This seems to imply your build is broken.  Here's what I get:

[warlord at cliodev build]$ objdump -x
src/gnome-utils/.libs/libgncmod-gnome-utils.so | grep
gnc_date_activates_default
0003f80c g     F .text  00000041              gnc_date_activates_default

> As you can see, the gnome-utils built from svn trunk doesn't have
> this symbol.  It has a bunch of gnc_date symbols, so I assume I'm
> looking in the right place.  I will dig further.

As you can see, gnome-utils from MY build of trunk does have this
function compiled in.  So there's something wrong with your checkout
or your build.  Perhaps it has something to do with the way you copy
your directories?  I don't know..