help file translatio: how to get diffs

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Dec 16 09:24:09 EST 2005

Hi,

Fabrizio Mancini schrieb:
>      > I have copied the whole guide from eng to my locale directory.
>
>     Can you say specifically which files/directories you have copied?
>
> yes, i followed the instruction on the wiki, i checked out all the
> gnucash-docs, and at this time i copied only the guide/C directory and
> the figures dir.

Ok, sounds good.

> in the future i'll start to translate the help, so i will copy the help
> dir to my locale.

Whatever you prefer. I would suggest working on one of the two documents
first ("guide" vs. "help") and starting with the other rather when
you're mostly done with the first.

>     Currently no-one is working on the english versions of that file, so you
>     can rest assured that there simply is *no* change at all in these files
>     during the next month.
>
> ok, i hope to finish my work in just a month or so! i'll be @ work
> during christmas holiday! ;-)
>

> the last question, can i post the translation incrementally? ex when i
> translate a whole character?
> or do i have to wait the end of the work?

No, you do not have to wait until you have finished all of your work.
Instead, we would strongly suggest that you submit early and often
during your work. It can always happen that for whatever reason you
cannot continue, and it would be good if at least any intermediate
results at that point can be re-used by others.

We would suggest to email your translation after every few days of work.
For the "guide" (or the "help") you should create a .tar.gz of the
guide/it directory (I guess "it" is your locale, isn't it [no pun
intended]), email it to the gnucash-patches mailing list.
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists Then, someone of the
developers will add it to the gnucash-docs SVN module so that you can
see how this fits into this package.

Christian