help file translatio: how to get diffs

Fabrizio Mancini mr.file at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 09:08:11 EST 2005

On 12/16/05, Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> good to hear. Thank you for your contribution.

it's a pleasure, for a so excellent software it's the minimum!!! ;-)

> I have copied the whole guide from eng to my locale directory.
>
> Can you say specifically which files/directories you have copied? Do you
> mean the SVN module "gnucash-docs" and in that module the directory
> help/C or guide/C?
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#How_to_translate_the_GnuCash_guide_and.2For_help_files
> Which one exactly?

yes, i followed the instruction on the wiki, i checked out all the
gnucash-docs, and at this time i copied only the guide/C directory and the
figures dir.
in the future i'll start to translate the help, so i will copy the help dir
to my locale.

Currently no-one is working on the english versions of that file, so you
> can rest assured that there simply is *no* change at all in these files
> during the next month. (Maybe later, but not now.)

ok, i hope to finish my work in just a month or so! i'll be @ work during
christmas holiday! ;-)

If there were a change, then first of all this will be noted in the
> top-level ChangeLog file. You can ask the respective contributer
> directly what he/she changed. Alternatively, the command "svn diff" will
> give you any sorts of diffs that you would like, see
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Svn and pointers there. But there really
> isn't any change at all right now.

ok i'll read the documentation! thank you

the last question, can i post the translation incrementally? ex when i
translate a whole character?
or do i have to wait the end of the work?
bye
fabrizio