Proposal: include g-wrap.m4 into gnucash

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Dec 20 15:39:15 EST 2005

Some users on gnucash-de needed support during installation of gnucash-SVN.
One of the more difficult problem was that the autoconf macro AM_PATH_GWRAP
that is used in gnucash seems to be unavailable in gwrap-1.9.x. The
workaround so far was to copy the file g-wrap.m4 with that macro from a
gwrap-1.3.x package. This is really only a temporary workaround, and
obviously this isn't fixed with the most recent gwrap-1.9.6.

Until we find a different autoconf configuration method (probably via
pkgconfig) I propose that we copy gwrap-1.3.x's file g-wrap.m4 into our
macros/ directory. This way, we can at least be sure that this macro is
available. Comments? Objections?

Christian