(OT) Reply-To (was Re: Compile Error)

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Tue Dec 27 09:34:38 EST 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 12:13:50PM +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:

> No no no no. Please don't mess with the Reply-To field. I already hate it from
> the two times when I replied to the -patches list recently, where I really
> only wanted to write to the sender (#1 above). Really don't do this.

Agreed.  This has annoyed me at least once, too.

Did you notice that my 23 Dec email proposed the removal of this hack
even for -patches?  I think our plethora of mailing lists can be
simplified and improved, and I'm looking forward to some motion on
this front.  Did you have any suggestion for how to implement the
change from -patches to -commits?

-chris