Norwegian Bokmaal update

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Tue Dec 27 13:21:05 EST 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 07:06:31PM +0100, linux at strigen.com wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I have found the TourtoiseSVN program for WinXP. Is there someone who has
> tryed to/know that it is possible:
> Use that program, and get the latest trunk to a memorystick, then copy
> that directory on top of the one i have on my linux machine, and then
> build a new version of GnuCash?

I'm inferring that you want to do this because the linux machine isn't
on the Internet.  Yes, in theory, you should be able to move whatever
you check-out to the linux machine and build gnucash.  However, in
practice, gnucash relies on development libraries that you may not
have install on the linux machine.  I wouldn't count on it working the
first time.  It's likely you'll discover that you're missing some
development library and then have to install it.  Of course, that's
more difficult without internet access...

> In my latest build r12149 there is quite some places where I can't
> translate the strings in the dialogs. Either they are not present or the
> wont show up when the string is translated. I know there was a problem
> wich Christian adressed earlier.
> If I get the latest version up and running, shall I supply information
> about where these strings are, or is there some ongoing work on this?

Please do.

> Question regarding words that I have trouble translating.. Is this the
> proper mailing list for those (i guess so) or do you prefer them somewhere
> else?

gnucash-devel is a good place to ask for help in translation, but
gnucash-user probably has a higher likelihood of reaching another
Norwegian.  Try one, and then, if you need to, try the other.

-chris