Release of GnuCash stable version 1.8.11

Stewart V. Wright swright at physics.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Feb 7 11:25:24 EST 2005

G'day Chris,

* Chris Lyttle <chris at wilddev.net> [050206 20:27]:
> The GnuCash development team proudly announces a new stable release of
> the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software.

1.8.11 compiles well on FC2, which I guess is no surprise.

Problems / Questions:
---------------------

I still have the same problem as with 1.8.10 when making a RPM - there
is a reference in the .spec file to a rpm package redhat-release.
This is easy enough to fix, but begs the question - why?

This might be a bigger question than GnuCash, but here goes...
Why still refer to redhat-release rather than fedora-release?  Do you
(the developers) want to make it easy to compile on RHEL or do you
consider that there are more RedHat legacy users than a Fedora base?

Is this something that Fedora/RedHat should get together and solve
with a linux-release package (then SuSE, Gentoo and the rest could
also get involved) listing the desired info?  Is this resolved in FC3?

Saying that, if anyone wants the 1.8.11 FC2 (S)RPM, or the slightly
modified .spec file (for rolling your own), let me know.

Cheers,

S.