Scheme g2 install report

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 12:35:55 EST 2005

I've only just spotted this in my gnucash-gnome2-dev make install output:

WARNING: failed to install schema
`/schemas/apps/gnucash/dialogs/commodities_dialog/quote_flag_visible' locale
`C': Unableto store a value at key
'/schemas/apps/gnucash/dialogs/commodities_dialog/quote_flag_visible', as the
configuration serverhas no writable databases.

It's repeated many times.

Is this a problem unique to me (i.e. the /etc/gconf/2/path setting I think it
mentions - it's too late, the rest has scrolled past now) or is this
something in g2?

It's hard to spot as it's off the top of the terminal scroll by the time the
make install ends so I can't tell a whole lot more.

Is there some way of re-directing this stuff to a file (without all the gcc
output / commands)?

Would this be the cause of GLib-GObject-CRITICAL and Gtk-CRITICAL messages on
starting g2?
(gnucash:5015): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_message_dialog_new: assertion `parent ==
NULL || GTK_IS_WINDOW (parent)' failed

I haven't had these on any previous runs of g2 and I haven't altered anything
in gconf that I can remember.

I'm also getting pango warnings in the new file druid when selecting example
accounts to use.
(gnucash:5015): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
pango_layout_set_text()

Other than that, g2 runs as expected, just lots of warnings.

--

Neil Williams