GnuCash Documentation in pdf Format

Michael Wahlbrink linux.wali at gmx.de
Mon Feb 21 15:50:29 EST 2005

Neil Williams schrieb:
> On Sunday 20 February 2005 6:53 pm, R Hannes Beinert wrote:
>
>>I very much appreciate your efforts in generating these PDF docs!  I was in
>>the process of motivating myself to offer to generate them myself
>
> I'm quite amazed at the appeal of a single 110 page PDF file! It horrifies me
> to produce files that big - I've been spoilt by broadband but there are
> others who are still on dial-up out there, I feel for them when others create
> such massive files, now I'm being asked to produce more!

;-)

> The single file (in HTML) is easily created from gnucash-docs:
> cd guide/C/
> docbook2html -u gnucash-guide.xml
> etc.

thanks for this short summary, thats what i need ;-)) (*puh I don't need
to learn docbooking...*)

> I couldn't generate the PDF that way though. I get no errors, just a zero
> length file.
> :-(

> Michael, I'll leave this to you now. Liaise with Chris and get your own system
> sorted, install whatever docbook utilities are available for your
> distribution and send me the new files from time to time, unless you and
> Chris come to some agreement on alternatives.

I'll send the new pdf's from time to time..... Chris (I think the
li(y)ttle one is meant), if there is anything special to take into
account or if I'm doing double work, because there is an better way to
generate pdfs automatically or...... please give me a short note....

tired on the way to bed....
micha