display of memo instead of description

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 19 16:57:03 EST 2005

Christian Krause <chkr at plauener.de> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:10:18 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Bug #149241
>
> Yes, I think the bug describes what I want. Unfortunately it seems, that
> nobody has implemented this so far. That's why I want to have look.
>
> But I need some help understanding the source. Where should I start?
>
> I've searched already a little bit in the source and found
> gnc_split_register_get_desc_entry in
> inledger-core/split-register-model.c. But I'm not sure whether this is
> the correct function which is responsible for the description entries
> of folded transactions ...

As far as the description entry is concerned, currently there is no
difference between a standard two-split transaction and a multi-split
transaction.  This is one reason that nobody has implemented the changes
required for bug #149241.

Yes, you could change the get_desc_entry() function to figure out
which split to obtain the split memo, but then you'd also have to
handle what to do if the user changes that entry!

It's not a two-line change -- there's a bunch of logic changes that
are required to get this functionality.

But yes, all the changes are in the ledger-core directory.  Not all of
them are in split-register-model.c, I don't think.  But I haven't
looked closely.