QSF XML file backend for gnucash-gnome2-dev branch

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 18:50:21 EST 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 10:35 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
> > QSF uses UTC time throughout and uses this time format string:
> > #define QSF_XSD_TIME   "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"
> > The datestring must be timezone independent and include all specified
> > fields.
>
> To clarify:

The full reference from the documentation is:
QSF uses xsd:dateTime formatting for times. This imposes strict limits on the
formatting of time strings in the QSF XML. xsd:dateTime follows the ISO 8601
standard in the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) syntax to be timezone
independent. This generates timestamps of the form: 2004-11-29T19:15:34Z -
you can reproduce the same timestamps with the GNC C Library formatting
string %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ - remember to use gmtime() NOT localtime()!. From
the command line, use the -u switch with the date command:
date -u +%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ

http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/qsf.html#QSF-REQUIREMENTS
referring to:
http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime

I knew I'd covered it!

This page should answer a lot of queries:

http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/qsf.html

It's linked via the Doxygen output.

BTW. Derek - what do you think about enhancing the Doxygen output by tweaking
the config a little?

I use:
EXTRACT_STATIC         = YES
EXTRACT_LOCAL_CLASSES  = YES
and todo's:
GENERATE_TODOLIST      = YES
INLINE_SOURCES         = YES

Just todo's and inline sources? Statics would be useful.

Compare and contrast:
http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/doxygen/group__Book.html
http://cvs.gnucash.org/docs/HEAD/group__Book.html

I also find this quite useful - it may help with the Gnome2 port to keep tabs:
http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/doxygen/todo.html

It just needs \todo in a doxygen comment:

/** \todo FIXME: this is a bug!
*/
while (1)
{