goffice/gog in g2 branch, new deps coming soon

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Jan 25 20:31:13 EST 2005

I've been working on getting a hacked version of libgoffice working
within GnuCash for the Gnome Office Graphing [GOG] support.

It is basically self-contained in `gnucash/lib/goffice/`, and I've it
compiling and working to display basic pie charts in reports.  I'm
getting close to a point to commit the code, but wanted to outline some
new dependencies and changes.

The following is a short summary of the configure.in differences:

+ AC_CHECK_HEADERS(ieeefp.h ieee754.h)
+ AC_CHECK_FUNCS(finite random drand48 finite memmove mkdtemp uname times sysconf)
+ PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GSF, libgsf-1 >= 1.8.0
+                        libgsf-gnome-1 >= 1.8.0)
+ PKG_CHECK_MODULES(ART, libart-2.0 >= 2.3.11)
+ PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PRINT, libgnomeprint-2.2 >= 2.5.2)

Some of these may be able to be pared down; I've just copied these
literally from gnumeric.

Unfortunately, the libgnomeprint-2.2 dep is beyond base FC1, which
shipped with 2.4.0 [1]; I'll try to figure that out more about that in
the next few weeks.

Also, for the moment, I've had to disable -Werror to get it to compile;
this is due to three things:

1/ Warnings which are due to the dull scalpel I used for the
   transplantation.
2/ Natural warnings in the compilation due to different coding
   standards.
2b/ #warning directives used as TODOs in some of the files.

I'm intending to commit [to the gnome2 branch] tomorrow or Thursday, so
if there are any major objections, please speak out now.  I could be
easily convinced to wait until the integration is in a better place
before committing, but frankly would like to get a checkpoint in CVS.

Also, FTR, I'll be out in CA next week, so I'll be a bit unresponsive to
problems encountered then; if you're very concerned about being blocked
on the gnome2 branch next week, I'd appreciate your trying the changes
out this weekend.

...jsled

[1] http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/1/os/i386/