goffice/gog in g2 branch, new deps coming soon

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 25 23:50:19 EST 2005

Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> writes:

> I've been working on getting a hacked version of libgoffice working
> within GnuCash for the Gnome Office Graphing [GOG] support.
>
> It is basically self-contained in `gnucash/lib/goffice/`, and I've it
> compiling and working to display basic pie charts in reports.  I'm
> getting close to a point to commit the code, but wanted to outline some
> new dependencies and changes.
>
> The following is a short summary of the configure.in differences:
>
> + AC_CHECK_HEADERS(ieeefp.h ieee754.h)
> + AC_CHECK_FUNCS(finite random drand48 finite memmove mkdtemp uname times sysconf)

These shouldn't necessarily be problems, but we might need to supply
alternatives, maybe.  A couple of notes:

1) you have finite listed twice
2) I'm not sure what mkdtemp is.  I don't see that on Solaris,
   so that could be a real problem.
3) Solaris also does not have ieee754.h

> + PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GSF, libgsf-1 >= 1.8.0
> +                        libgsf-gnome-1 >= 1.8.0)

These are a problem.  RHEL3 only has 1.6.0.

> + PKG_CHECK_MODULES(ART, libart-2.0 >= 2.3.11)

I presume this is libart_lgpl-2.3.11-2?  If so then this should be
fine w.r.t RHEL3.

> + PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PRINT, libgnomeprint-2.2 >= 2.5.2)

This is also a problem; RHEL's libgnomeprint22 is only at 2.2.1.3.