goffice/gog in g2 branch, new deps coming soon

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Jan 26 18:06:12 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 23:50, Derek Atkins wrote:

> 2) I'm not sure what mkdtemp is.  I don't see that on Solaris,
>    so that could be a real problem.

Well, it's not listed in the lib/goffice/*.c files, so it's probably
spurious.

> 3) Solaris also does not have ieee754.h

Hmm.  IIRC, a lot of the numeric/math deps are due to recent gnumeric
code in coordination with the R project ... importing their
well-tested/&c. math routines.  It's unclear if GOG has a real
dependency on them, and thus on ieee754.h.  More digging required.

> > + PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GSF, libgsf-1 >= 1.8.0
> > +                        libgsf-gnome-1 >= 1.8.0)
>
> These are a problem.  RHEL3 only has 1.6.0.

GSF may be able to be a non-dependency; there are GSF-type-definition
macros all over the place, but very little actual usage.   Of course,
gnumeric-CVS actually has deps on libgsf-1.10.0, so the story may be
even worse.

> > + PKG_CHECK_MODULES(ART, libart-2.0 >= 2.3.11)
>
> I presume this is libart_lgpl-2.3.11-2?  If so then this should be
> fine w.r.t RHEL3.

Yes it is.  Good.

> This is also a problem; RHEL's libgnomeprint22 is only at 2.2.1.3.

Hmm.  This could be quite unfortunate, if the more recent version is
because of deps for printing graphs; again: more digging required.

Thanks for the info.

Are we cl

As per our discussion on IRC earlier, I'm going to commit this effort
this evening to a sub-branch of the gnucash-gnome2-dev branch called
'g2-gog-integ'; the branch and a branch-point tag called
'g2-gog-integ-bp' exist of about 10 minutes ago.

...jsled