GnuCash CLI v0.0.1

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 17:47:03 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 9:55 pm, you wrote:

Please CC: the list - I'm assuming this was meant for the devel list.

> I most certainly will.
>
> I'm a programmer/sysadmin.  I like to write my own methods to output the
> data any which way I want, sort it any which way I want, organize, etc.

You might like some of the ideas here:
http://www.data-freedom.org/

However, don't get the impression that there are Perl bindings or Java methods
available - the most we'll have even with G2 is generic XML:
http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/qsf.html

> I'm thinking of GC as just a database with some proper financial logic
> built-in.

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

PLEASE don't start that thread again!!!
:-)

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2004-July/010867.html

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2004-July/010871.html

GnuCash isn't a database, it doesn't have a database but it can and will
continue to use databases for storage as we see fit. The explanation took up
most of that month, we really don't want to go back there!

It's not as easy as you think to separate the data from the logic without
losing all the meaning of the data.

--

Neil Williams