gnc_gconf_toolbar_detachable

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Fri Jun 3 13:42:59 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:39:20PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

> I'd suggest you use 'lndir' instead of 'cp -r' -- it fixes issues like these.

Nice.  I gave it a try.  I see how this handles removed files, and how
it's easy to start from scratch like this (and fast, too).

> The compiler will generally ignore dangling symlinks during the build.  The
> downside is that you manually have to symlink "new" files, and you do need to
> be careful to remove deleted .scm files...  But I find that this method works
> okay for me.

But I'm not sure I see the downside.  It seems that rerunning the lndir
command automatically adds links for added files.  And, as for the scm
files, what will break if there are broken links to scm files?  Let me
guess: the 'make install' will bomb trying to copy the broken .scm link?

I wonder how this will interact with 'quilt'.  I think I need some
efficient way to remove a single link and copy the file over just
before I make some edit.  Maybe an emacs hook...

-chris