gnc_gconf_toolbar_detachable

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 3 16:34:42 EDT 2005

Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net> writes:

> But I'm not sure I see the downside.  It seems that rerunning the lndir
> command automatically adds links for added files.  And, as for the scm
> files, what will break if there are broken links to scm files?  Let me
> guess: the 'make install' will bomb trying to copy the broken .scm link?

Actually, it's the building of the intl-scm.c that breaks when
you have dangling .scm symlinks.  The reason is that the code does:

  find . -name \*.scm | ...

And this will pick up the dangling symlink.  OOPS.

Feel free to send a patch to fix this strange case if you want,
but I've just lived with this myself for long enough that I don't
consider it a major issue.  The make bombs, I delete the .scm file,
and then it works.