guile docs for gnucash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 19 19:31:09 EDT 2005

Quoting Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>:

> On Thu, 2005-19-05 at 12:23 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Do you properly (export) your variable?  What is the error you see?

[snip]
>  107: 15*   [gnc:make-string-option "Business" ...
>
> /usr/share/gnucash/scm/business-prefs.scm:107:4: While evaluating arguments
> gnc:make-string-option in expression (gnc:make-string-option
> gnc:*business-label*  gnc:*company-phone* ...):
> /usr/share/gnucash/scm/business-prefs.scm:107:4: Unbound variable:
> gnc:*company-phone*
> bash-2.05b$

Yep, the symbol isn't available at runtime....

> from business-utils.scm:
[snip]

> (export gnc:*business-label* gnc:*company-name* gnc:*company-addy*)
> (export gnc:*company-phone* gnc:*company-fax* gnc:*company-url*)
> (export gnc:*company-email* gnc:*company-contact*)

[snip]
> [/snip]  etc,etc.
> I just copy and pasted an existing, then edited each addition.

Are you sure you ran a "make install" to get your files into the install tree?
The file above is /usr/share/gnucash/scm/business-prefs.scm which would seem to
imply it's from the distro version and not your own version.

> Once I get this working I'll work on the report side.   Also Is there a way
> to make the Company Name input field, etc wider? Our company name has to
> scroll thru using the cursor to see or edit what does not show.

Unfortunately no, there's no way to make that input field bigger.