guile docs for gnucash

Brian dol-sen at telus.net
Thu May 19 23:06:40 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-19-05 at 19:57 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-19-05 at 19:31 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> >
> > > Are you sure you ran a "make install" to get your files into the install
> > tree?
> > > The file above is /usr/share/gnucash/scm/business-prefs.scm which would
> > seem to
> > > imply it's from the distro version and not your own version.
> > > -derek
> > >

> > I renamed the original 2 files with .orig appended then copied the 2
> > modified ones there to test.  Do I have to make everything with the
> > modified files?  I thought one of the points about using guile is not
> > having to re-compile, but I don't know how the variables are handled
> > thru the c code for saving in the file etc..
>
> No, you do not need to recompile, but you DO need to install the modified SCM
> files into the install tree (/usr/...).  Having the .orig files in the install
> tree might be a bad idea, so you might want to remove them (or move them into
> your homedir or something).
>
> -derek

That did it, Thanks... I did an install to /opt and that seems to work
fine.  Now to complete some of the changes.

My other question still persists.  Is there any documentation for the
guile portion... logic diagrams... anything?

I know you would like us to make some of the code changes and submit
them for a lot of these little changes, but it would make it a lot
easier if we had something other than the hunt and peck method.

--
Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>