[Fwd: Re: payroll]

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Wed May 25 22:04:50 EDT 2005

Tom Haskins-Vaughan <tom at meandmini.com> writes:

> Are the rules released in a structured format? If so could an
> xml-described version of them not be 'loaded into' the payroll system?
> A group of generous tax lawyers could scrutinise the release and an
> official versions could be released?

Yes, but this is a separate issue.

One thing is the complexity of many jurisdictions with changing rules.

The separate one that I'm talking about is the "global" nature of the
rules: figuring out the right transaction to enter is not just a
matter of looking at "local" information, for at least some important
sets of rules.