Switching from CVS to Subversion: test svn repo available

Didier Vidal didier-devel at 9online.fr
Tue Nov 1 03:00:12 EST 2005

Le dim 30/10/2005 à 20:15, Josh Sled a écrit :
> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 20:01 +0100, Didier Vidal wrote:
> > I've always wondered why the commits are systematically sent to
> > gnucash-patches... This results in noise and an additional chance to
> > forget or loose patches (since no dedicated tool exists to manage them).
> >
> > Why not just sending the patches, the patches acknowledgments and the
> > patches commits to gnucash-patches ?
>
> I guess there's an argument for minimizing mailing-list management...
> but I could certainly see having 3 lists:
>
> - gnucash-patches (manual patch submission + ack + discuss)
I would like this one, because it makes it easier than the current
situation to track a patch, and see if it is accepted / included in the
tree etc. , because patches-related mails are separated from -devel and
-commit
> - gnucash-changes (commit notification, w/ diffs)
I've always found this one useful. And it makes sense to separate it
from the -devel list. Other tools could replace this list and bring
better features (for instance fisheye http://www.cenqua.com/fisheye/ ),
but this list is OK.
> - gnucash-commits (commit notification, w/o diffs)
I don't see an immediate use of this one... But maybe other developers
prefer this light list....