cashutil branch - improved, more todo

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 18:40:35 EST 2005

Just built the cashutil binary within the gnucash source tree for the first
time.
:-)

The cashutil branch does need a little assistance / persuasion in places and
some of the build structure contains some v.nasty hacks. These will be
corrected in due course but I'm just pleased that it has built inside the
gnucash tree! make dist and make install are OK once make is coaxed into
cooperating. ;-)

(good old vi!)

[cashutil-branch]$ cashutil/src/cashutil --version

 (c) Copyright 2005 Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>
 For CashUtil support, join the QOF-devel mailing list at
 http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/qof-devel

 This is CashUtil v0.1.0
 The GnuCash Command Line Interface.
 Build date....: Nov  3 2005 22:54:29

   Please use --help for more detailed options.

The --help, --usage and --version options are working. The nested build uses
xsltproc to generate a manpage (cashutil.1) and there's a separate po/
directory for translations that are 10x smaller than the gnucash ones (and
are to be installed separately from gnucash). There's a lot more to do (the
binary builds but doesn't run properly yet) but this is a better start than I
had imagined.

--

Neil Williams