Future of cashutil. (was Re: Radically improve autogen.sh)

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 08:09:55 EST 2005

On Monday 07 November 2005 12:55 pm, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
>
> I have to wonder why you can't use AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS here?

I have.

AC_ARG_ENABLE( cashutil,
        [  --enable-cashutil            compile with cashutil CLI],
        if test "$package_cashutil_enabled" = yes; then
                AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(cashutil)
                MAKE_CASHUTIL="yes"
                AC_DEFINE(MAKE_CASHUTIL,,Build cashutil)
        fi,
                MAKE_CASHUTIL="no"
                AC_DEFINE(MAKE_CASHUTIL,,Skip cashutil))

AM_CONDITIONAL(BUILD_CASHUTIL, test "$MAKE_CASHUTIL" = "yes")
AM_CONDITIONAL(BUILD_XML, test "$MAKE_CASHUTIL" = "yes")

Unfortunately, this seems fine for the distributed tarball but not from SVN.

The autogen.sh doesn't call the cashutil configure so I currently use:

if test x$NOCONFIGURE = x; then
  echo Running $srcdir/configure $conf_flags "$@" ...
  $srcdir/configure $conf_flags "$@" \
  && cd cashutil/ \
  && ./configure "$@" \
  && cd ../ \
  && echo Now type \`make\' to compile $PKG_NAME || exit 1
else
  echo Skipping configure process.
fi

It's just to make --enable-cashutil operate transparently - pass the switch to
the top level autogen.sh (the old style) and it should build cashutil - but
it can't do that if it doesn't first run cashutil/configure.

I'm open to other methods. Please check out the cashutil branch and have a
look.

--

Neil Williams