r11882 - gnucash/trunk/lib - New locations for QOF files

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Nov 7 11:49:41 EST 2005

Neil Williams schrieb:
>>Could you PLEASE remove the newly added files and instead "svn move" the
>>existing files from src/engine to libqof/qof so that we can keep the
>>file history? Or did I miss something here?
>
> What if I use svn move on the cashutil branch - won't we then get the history
> back when the branch is merged back?

That might be a possibility. But in any case you need to remove the
newly added files again, because as newly added files SVN does not know
their relation to the original files. In fact, I'd rather suggest that
you should revert this change on HEAD altogether, going back to revision
11877, then introducing this change on the cashutil branch, then wait
for 1-2 week, then discussing merging this change from the branch to
HEAD here on gnucash-devel.

Also, if you revert this change anyway, then  next time you should
commit the whole move including the Makefile.am changes and Changelog in
one commit.

Christian