libqof change - not complete yet.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 12:38:48 EST 2005

On Monday 07 November 2005 5:23 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 16:58 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> * revert all of these changes

svn is still new to me (all of us?) and it'd be nice to have an example
command for that. svn revert doesn't seem to do the job without locally
modified files.

Is it svn update --revision ...?

> I don't know how else to "help", here.  I'm sorry you lost a bunch of
> work.

Thanks.

> I don't know why you didn't stop and re-start as soon as you ran
> into the first problem, but plowed ahead.

Only because I've already committed part of the change (the Makefiles) and
therefore the build was already broken. I know I should have done it
differently but everything's easy in hindsight.

> I don't know why you didn't
> get your WC into the tested state you wanted before committing all the
> changes at once.

That's what I tried to do - the problem (as I saw it) with svn move is that
you have to have know that the moved file will still work in it's new
location and there were quite a few makefile changes that I had to test with
the files in place. Doesn't svn move commit to the repository immediately?
(If not, that is the source of my confusion.)

> > As I said, my working copy tree was trashed half way through. I have no
> > originals.
> >
> :(  Sorry, man.

Thank you, it's no fun when a couple of day's work comes back "file not found"
!!

--

Neil Williams