Problem with configure.in, AM_PATH_GWRAP and g-wrap 1.9

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 14 16:53:47 EST 2005

Quoting David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net>:

>> This is a gnucash problem and it needs fixing in G2. If not, G2's life in
>> Debian will be brief.
>
> I'm in the camp that could care less about Debian, but I do want to dtrt
> with respect to using g-wrap.  I've read the documentation at
> http://www.nongnu.org/g-wrap/manual/index.html and it appears
> incomplete.  The page on defining new wrapped types has numerous places
> where function names appear by there is no description of where these
> functions come from, whether we have to write them or they are
> auto-generated, etc.

I'll just point out that I still compile G2 against g-wrap 1.3.4
on my FC3 system and it works just fine.  I would prefer not to be
/required/ to update to g-wrap 1.9 if we can avoid that.